Production Process :
1. Reception of olives, inspection of their purity, oil content and maturity.
2. Unloading: After inspection and sampling, olives are transported in crates then immediately transferred to large bins.
3. Washing: Removal of debris or exogenous particles using a water bubbling process.
Preparation of olive dough:
1. Milling: Olives release oil and other compounds through the mechanical action of hammers.
2. Mixing, which occurs at a temperature < 27°C (cold extraction), is performed to extract oil and gather raw oil droplets together.
3. Extraction is performed using three-phase (oil, vegetable water and pomace) decanters/centrifuges made by Pieralisi, Italy.
4. Centrifugation: Olive oil reaching the output decanters (which still contains water) is permanently separated from water by centrifugal force.
Storage of extra-virgin olive oil:
The Maria Bonomo extra-virgin olive oil is stored in 30,000-L stainless-steel tanks. It is packaged in 500-ml bottles with the Maria Bonomo label (referring to the Maria Bonomo farm, Boujerida, Cap Bon, Tunisia).
Quality control is regularly carried out to ensure 100% satisfaction of our customers.